Copyright Policy & Information
All original material in MojoLaw.com is copyrighted or otherwise restricted in its use, either by Mojo Law or by others. Be aware that the laws of many nations no longer require a copyright notice for such intellectual property to be protected.
While MojoLaw.com's general position regarding copyrights allows the reproduction and distribution of a limited amount of material from MojoLaw.com for non-commercial purposes, so long as it's done free of charge and includes proper attribution, copyright notice. A live link back to the original material on MojoLaw.com must further be included if said material is republished on another website. "Free of charge" is limited in use for other websites to mean no revenue of any sort, e.g. online ads, may be generated from the reproduction of our material without our express consent. Any such distribution is further & more specifically governed by the actual Copyright Policy below.
MojoLaw.com's Copyright Policy
- Subject to Applicable Law and All Conditions Below,License is Hereby Granted for You to Reproduce and Distribute, for Non-Commercial Use and Without Charge, a Limited Amount of Material from MojoLaw.com.
- The meaning of "limited amount" is a matter of common sense, but you should contact us if more than 3 or 4 files are involved.
- "Non-commercial purposes" means using the material in a way that's unrelated to an activity that's intended to produce a profit. Otherwise you must get our written e-mail permission. We're liberal regarding such permissions, but we should communicate. After all, it's cheaper than lawsuits.
- Modifications to form and format, minor editing, corrections in spelling or grammar (please let us know), and removal of extraneous material are OK. No substantive changes to the material's content, "flavor," or meaning are allowed.
- The meaning of "substantive changes" is also a matter of common sense. Say, e.g., the material seriously advocates that all spammers should be chopped up and used as penguin feed; the modification, use in a context, or editing that leads a reasonable person to think that it is just kidding, or that it advocates something else - like feeding penguins to starving spammers - is a no-no and could cause legal action that result in you losing everything you have, will have, ever even thought of having, or have yet to think the thought of having.
- Attributions to source, author, and MojoLaw.com, plus a copyright notice Must Be Included. All online media Must include a live working link back to the original material on MojoLaw.com
- If the material has no copyright notice and was not created by MojoLaw.com it should include attribution to MojoLaw.com and the URL of the material on the site. Something like "This article/information/ material is from MojoLaw.com at http://www.MojoLaw.com/copyright" is fine for print & similar media.
- When the Material Contains a Copyright Notice It Should Include the Notice plus the above URL attribution, and any author attribution, e.g. "by John Doe, MojoLaw.com Chief of Staff" should also be included.
- Reproduction and Distribution of MojoLaw.com 'Original Content, Topics, and Similar Files and Pages, Graphics, "Look and Feel," Etc., is Prohibited Without Written Permission Except When Part of Links to Reviews, Writings, Discussions or Presentations About MojoLaw.com.
- Some of MojoLaw.com' materials may have a notice detailing other, more restrictive or conditions of use. Such conditions are In addition to, and if In conflict with, supersede, the above, e.g. some of the user / reader contributed material that was submitted with particular instructions from Our Submit Content Form.
- RSS & Atom Feeds - You have our express permission to re-print & re-use any and all RSS / Atom feeds from Mojo Law - Insofar as use of the feed contains a link back to each item being republished at Mojo Law. Please use our FeedBurner xml feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MojolawcomRSS2 OR feed://feeds.feedburner.com/MojolawcomRSS2 for Safari using folk. You should be able to access our main feed from each page on the site, but use the above links if your unable to do so. Please see our Linking Policy for further details.
- If you have any questions about this Copyright Policy, please Contact Us before using any of MojoLaw.com's material.
- We make every attempt to make all our material available and accessible to everyone, please be patient if there is a format, or accessibility issue that we have not yet addressed, and please let us know if there's an accessibility issue we've overlooked.
- We also make every attempt to not violate any copyright, trademark, and other similar laws. If,however, we have unintentionally violated copyright or similar laws - please let us know, and we'll immediately remove the material in question and only re-post the material if and when it is discovered to be non-copyrighted material.
- Modifications, amendments or corrections to Mojo Law's Copyright Policy will be made without notice, except by modification of the above information.
Last Updated: August 11, 2007
If you find an error of any sort within the site, please Contact Us and help us improve the site.
If you disagree with a position, sentament, idea, or anything else, please Let Us Know. If you would like to write more in-depth for or against an idea or article, you can Submit Your Own, and we will strongly consider your view for publication. We will only republish your name & other information about you If You Specifically Request this information to be republished.